We are bigger than just a product company. We are a value-driven community.
Read about what is beyond the products in Phase One Karma.
Tackling academic dishonesty with Unicheck
AI-driven anti-plagiarism checker with more than 1 million users worldwide.
Loio — a shortcut to perfect legal documents
Advanced styling, comparison, and AI-analysis for legal contracts in one add-in.
In 2014, not long after we had finished universities and had gotten into the tech world, we had an idea. There were ways in which artificial intelligence could help universities become more transparent — and we knew how to apply them. It was a match, and it turned into Unicheck.
As more amazing people were joining us and our product was growing, we realized: hey, we are good at this. That is when Phase One Karma was born — a company that would create tech products and transforms state-of-the-art technologies into something meaningful.read our full story
What we need:
- 1+ year of relevant work experience in a law firm/ or in-house lawyer;
- Experience in all of the following areas: corporate, commercial, tax and labor law;
- Trademarks registration in the USA, Ukraine and EU;
- Work with GDPR terms;
- Understanding of the CFC rules in Ukraine;
- Upper-Intermediate English.
What you will do:
- Drafting, amending agreements, corporate documents templates;
- Researching on legal matters (international corporate company structure and procedure of registration international company, taxation, etc.);
- Interacting with state authorities;
- Legal research of legislation of various jurisdictions (UA, EU, USA), constant monitoring of changes in legislation applicable to the company;
- Intellectual property protection (legal research in EU/USA intellectual property law);
- Legal entire support in General Data Protection Regulation;
- Trademarks registration in USA, Ukraine and EU;
- Legal support for Ukrainian legal entities;
- Knowledge of IP rights peculiarities and international taxation;
- Dealing with other corporate matters.
What we offer:
- Engagement into meaningful and ambitious projects that have a significant impact;
- Creative autonomy and freedom to apply your vision;
- Inclusive corporate culture — we embrace diversity and individuality;
- A learning environment that promotes growth and professional improvement;
- Flat hierarchy without micromanagement — our doors are open, and all teammates are approachable;
- Energized and empathetic team of experts who enjoy working and hanging out together;
- Comfortable compensation rate — we respect the value of human work;
- Flexible work schedule — we expect a full-time commitment but do not track your working hours;
- Medical insurance for employees and the possibility of training employees at the expense of the company;
- 20 days of paid vacation and 10 sick days — we value rest and recreation;
- We also comply with the national holidays and offer 2 remote workdays per month;
- Modern lofty office with high ceilings, spacious workplace, and brand-new work equipment.